[Xerte] Re: MySQL dbase diagram

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 10:27:34 BST 2011

> There's a download from code.google which creates a diagram from a sql
> export http://code.google.com/p/database-diagram/ doesn't draw any
> relationship lines but they could be added in an image editor and might
> compliment Pat's list. See attached screenshot saved as a jpg.

That's a useful tip, thanks. IMO the best documentation tool is the free MySQL Workbench from MySQL itself:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.2.html

This is very much more than just a documentation tool, but in the context of the OP's Q it's relevant as you connect to your DB with it and it generates a graphical relationship view. An unsung but astonishingly useful developers tool.

Fred

----
This email represents my own personal views and is not at all reflective of policy or opinions at my institution. So there.
----