[Xerte] non coders?

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 09:22:54 GMT 2010

Good idea. I was thinking about setting up a page on the xerte web site
maybe, or the wiki, where we can contribute pedagogical design patterns,
maybe with links to examples. I agree entirely that the instructional
strategy is what underpins the actual learning. As a technologist I have
heard educational types chastise me with 'well, we can't have the
technology leading the pedgogy', to which my muted response is usually
something along the lines of 'ok, lets see the pedagogy then'.

I think it would be great for people starting to use online materials in
their teaching to have a source of inspiration for how to use them
effectively. Simple, sound ideas that we can describe in a couple of
paragraphs, and not necessarily Xerte specific.