[Xerte] Multiple LDAP Contexts

David Hallam dhallam at grantham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 10:57:31 GMT 2010

I have got xerte up and running on our moodle box and it is running no
problems. The only problem I have is the ldap settings.

The LDAP is working fine but I can only get it to work with one  OU
container.

We have 1 main site container called users that has separate containers
beneath it and if I select this in the LDAP base all the users in the
container beneath can log onto xerte.

If I select just 1 container in LDAP base this also works just for the
users in the selected OU container.

Now my problem is we have 1 main site in AD called COLLEGE and 1 other
site on the AD called REMOTE

I need to add both of these to work in xerte to pull the users from both
different OU containers.

I have tried this on the LDAP settings from the admin page but I am used
to using the separator as ; but I have also tried this with $$$ as the
separator and neither work.

I have tried the following:

OU=Users,OU=College,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC=
Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk;OU=Users,OU=Remote,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC=
Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk

OU=Users,OU=College,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC=
Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk$$$OU=Users,OU=Remote,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC=
Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk

OU=Users,OU=College,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC= Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk
$$$ OU=Users,OU=Remote,OU=InterJigsaw,DC=gc,DC= Organisation,DC=ac,DC=uk

And I have also tried doing this in each section like the following:

HOST$$$HOST

PORT$$$PORT

PASSWORD$$PASSWORD

BASE$$$BASE

If I just have 1 it works fine but if I add another container it stops
working?????

Anyone have any info onto how to get this working.

Many thanks

Information transmitted in this electronic message may contain confidential and or privileged materials.

For full details and restrictions see www.Grantham.ac.uk/about/disclaimer.htm

Help save paper - do you need to print this email?