[Xerte] Xerte SCORM communiactions

Mattia.Galli at mottaonline.it Mattia.Galli at mottaonline.it
Wed Feb 10 15:41:06 GMT 2010

Hello,
I could not find some informations, from the last time I wrote here I did
some tests. Found out that I can replace my SWF with the interface and
this should run just fine for my basic needs. I did all the fixing with
the right pointers (no more root pointers but just parent sintax) and all
works just fine, great.

Now I need to do 2 basic things on this simple kind of files:

-first I need to know how Xerte opens the communication with the SCORM, is
it automatic or I have to initialize something? I am using Moodle as
platform if this helps.
-second, my L.O. is a simple guided exercise to help children to do maths
and all I need is that my last button (that is a save button) will send to
the SCORM the input to write the "complete" status on the exercise. How is
it wise to do? My button has a name off course in the SWF file. I can't
just replace it with a Xerte button because it is animated and hidden o
not active untile the last step. So I really need to know how to open
paths inside SWF files to use Xerte functions on them.

Secondly I will need to do some other things with Xerte in a more
complicated way. A sort of test steps by steps in which I will have a lot
of presentations and interactive objects.
I think I can do easily the interface with Flash and take it inside Xerte.
I saw the example interface and I think I can figure out what are the
components that Xerte uses to create forward and back button and so on.
Question is: If I won't create all the components in the interface (I
don't need text to speech and changing fonts or colors for istance) does
Xerte replace them with standard objects or the absence of this kind of
components can be an issue to make recognize the interface as Xerte like?

Second question is: to change the dimension of the interface I have to
edit the HTML code of the page or is there a way to set it in Xerte
parameters?

Thank you

Mattia