[Xerte] New Technologies

Martín Dobovšek mdobovsek at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 5 13:25:07 GMT 2010

Julian:

Definitely Metaverse (Inmersive learning) is the emerging technology that i think will have the biggest impact on the way elearning is conceived, delivered and produced.

Look for IBM, Sun and Intel projects in this area.

Many projects (Opensource) are advancing fast.

We use scorm packages in our faculty to develop contents that are viewed inside Virtual world while the avatar (trainee) is interacting with virtual objects (ex pharmaceutical production machine, sterile area environment, etc.).

We track his results or behaviour using LMS or Perl scripting programs that interacts vía linden scripts with objects in the virtual world.

Best regards

Martin