[Xerte] xerte online toolkits install problem

Natalie Brown natalie at occumax.com.au
Thu Oct 29 04:50:11 GMT 2009

Hi

Thankyou for a tool that I think will be so useful to my practice. I
have installed xerte on my computer and have had not problem learning
how to use it.

I would now like to install the xerte online toolkits on a stand alone
computer but cannot get it to install. I have watched the install video
numerous times and I can't work out what I am doing wrong. Everything in
the directions works fine until I try to go to
http://localhost/xertetoolkits/setup . I get a "Page Load Error/ Failed
to connect" message and cannot finish the installation. I am running
Vista (is this my problem?) I hope someone can help me figure this out
as it looks like such a useful tool to use.

Also to the maintainers of the site I have noticed that there is an
error in the link to download and install XAMPP on the Online Toolkits
Page (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/toolkits.htm). You may already
have been notified of this but the text and link read:

Download and install XAMPP accepting the default settings, from
http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.7.0-installer.exe.

As you can see the "e" on the end of .exe has not been highlighted as
part of the link, therefore, you cannot click through to the page. Just
thought I would mention it just in case no one else had.

Thanks in advance

--
Natalie Brown MHthSc(OT) BHlthSc(OT) SIPT AccOT
Occupational Therapist & Director

Occumax Logo

Phone: +61 7 4953 5555
Fax: +61 7 4953 5555
Mobile: 0447 43 2255
email: natalie at occumax.com.au <mailto:natalie at occumax.com.au>
Web: www.occumax.com.au <http://www.occumax.com.au/>

Address: 2/175a Shakespeare St, Mackay QLD 4740, Australia
Postal Address: PO Box 11140, Mackay Canelands QLD 4740, Australia