[Xerte] Toolkit template management errors

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 15 16:13:37 BST 2009

As a follow-up on the message below posted a couple of days ago about
Toolkits+XAMPP on Windoze, I've just now downloaded the package to a
Macbook running OS/X with XAMPP for Mac, and after one permissions tweak
it worked fine. You have to set the installation directory to be
writeable by the web server, which would be insecure online but won't
matter on a localhost installation. Without this tweak I got permissions
errors on setup.

Lines 109-116 in setup/xampp.php write to, and rename, the files
database.php, index.php, and demo.txt. This isn't an issue on Windoze as
users are usually logged in with admin rights (which is why it's so
damned insecure, but that's another rant, another day).

However, on trying to open management.php as below the 'slash' errors
recurred, with the same warning as below, so plainly the path
"C:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\" is hardwired into the mySQL database,
and a quick check in phpMyAdmin showed that this is held in the fields
sitedetails.import_path and sitedetails.root_file_path. If it's felt
that it's worth catering for Mac localhost installations it might be
worth tweaking this. I didn't really want to tweak this to Mac paths as
I was only doing a test.

That's all. Boring, or what? ;)

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf