[Xerte] Toolkit template management errors

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 16:37:57 BST 2009

I've got a .xtp file which Julian passed me, which I was after opening
in Toolkits. When I was passed the file I was told that it could be
installed in management.php. I've installed Toolkits on my hard disk
which had XAMPP on it, and have shoved it in localhost/xertetoolkits. I
then tried the URL http://localhost/xertetoolkits/management.php and got
two include errors, one of which is below:

Warning:
file_get_contents(C:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\website_code/login_top)
[function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in C:\devt\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits\management.php on line
42

The reason for this is obvious: there's a forward slash before the
include file name. Looking in management.php on line 42 there are just
the filenames login_top and login_bottom mentioned, so the path info
must be coming from elsewhere - where? Or is it, as I suspect, that the
installation path is being stored somewhere without a trailing slash, so
Windoze is shoving a forward slash in to complete it?

Is there any written documentation for Toolkits, in particular on
developing and editing templates? I can see the online demo but no docs
in either the installation or the Xerte site, though maybe I've not
looked for long enough.

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf