[Xerte-dev] Re: Bugs in page models / wizard

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 16 14:40:54 BST 2012

I know Tom has built the process for doing this into the Xerte Editor, but
I think this does not give you a clear idea of any problems that may have
been hit as the information scrolls through a window of limited size.

I prefer the command line approach in which I can generate a log file which
will help me to identify any problems e.g. errors in individual xwd files.

Open a command prompt
change directory to your xerte installation e.g. c:\xerte

at the command prompt enter

php\php.exe scripts\rebuildtemplate.php pages/wizards/en-GB/ > convert.log

The new template.xwd file is created in the c:\xerte\pages\wizards\en-GB
folder.

I look at the convert.log file in Flash Develop

Error messages are preceded with a line such as

xwd:12

which indicates the error is on line 12

sample error messages include

attributes construct error
- probably a missing space between two definitions of items
e.g. <text label="Text"type="TextArea"

correct is <text label="Text" type="TextArea"

parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name
- has been caused by use of "&" - solution replace with "and"

parser error : Premature end of data in tag wizard line 1
- caused by missing closing </wizard> tag.

parser error : Comment not terminated
- caused by inclusion of original --------- rather than =========

parser error : Attribute height redefined
- an attribute has been defined twice - in this example "height"