[Syrphidae] Re: PDF request - Sommaggio 2001

Frank Dziock dziock at htw-dresden.de
Mon Jan 11 08:16:33 GMT 2016

Hi Steven and others,

very nice to see that Dasysyrphus is still en vogue ;-)

Thinking from the hoverfly community perspective, it would be very good,
if the people working on Dasysyrphus (Steven, Robert, Dieter, Jeff and
surely many others) could make a joint effort.

Please do not decribe single "new" Dasysyrphus species. Please try to
achieve a thorough revision of at least the Western Palaearctic area
(Holarctic would be better, though ;-)).

Otherwise I fear we would have to deal with a mess of old names, new
names, synonyms etc. for many years. We already had that in some other
genera, and I think it would be time to join forces and prevent such things.

All the best and good chance,

Frank

P.S.: Ximo, the Chrysotoxum paper is in the attachment

Am 10.01.2016 um 10:43 schrieb Steven Falk:
> Its definitely one taxa Robert, variation in stigma colour etc is just
> down to lighting conditions and mode of photography. All material has
> yellow bars reaching the side margin. But I've been recording
> 'venusta' for years (I've been recording syrphids since 1975) and am
> prettyu good at spotting when something is not right - as is the case
> here. I'll check the ventral side when I get a moment,
>
> Steven
>
> Steven Falk
> Entomologist-Artist-Photographer
> www.stevenfalk.co.uk <http://www.stevenfalk.co.uk/>
> mobile: 0781 555 7263
>
> Help Our Bees: http://www.stevenfalk.co.uk/help-our-bees
>
> Flickr Image library at:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/63075200@N07/collections/

Prof. Dr. Frank Dziock
  Tierökologie / Angewandter Umweltschutz
  Animal Ecology / Environmental Conservation
  Studiendekan Umweltmonitoring

HTW Dresden - University of Applied Sciences
  Faculty of Agriculture / Environment / Chemistry (LUC)

Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft
HTW Dresden
Fakultät Landbau / Umwelt / Chemie (LUC)
Pillnitzer Platz 2
01326 Dresden

Tel. ++49 (0) 351 - 462 3830

www.htw-dresden.de/luc.html

"God in his wisdom made the fly, and then forgot to tell us why" - Odgen Nash