[Syrphidae] Criorhina spec. from Greece

Renema, W. syrphidae@nottingham.ac.uk
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:29:59 +0200

Hi Gerard,
I think it is a dark morph of floccosa. Like in ranunculi there probably =
are two morphs of floccosa as well. If I remeber well dark floocosa was =
caught in the Netherlands as well. A look at the male genitalia will =
confirm that (or not).
I have several other C.floccosa from Greece, most of them light =
(normal), but also two other dark ones (male & female).
If you have more records from Greece I would like to include them in the =
Greece publication I am preparing.
kind regards,
Willem

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: syrphidae-admin@nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:syrphidae-admin@nottingham.ac.uk]Namens Gerard Pennards
Verzonden: dinsdag 31 augustus 2004 11:09
Aan: syrphidae@nottingham.ac.uk
Onderwerp: [Syrphidae] Criorhina spec. from Greece

Dear all,
This summer I caught some Syrphids from the genus Criorhina in the =
mountains=20
of Greece.
They seem to key out as C. floccosa (with a yellow bundle of long hairs =
in=20
the front corners of tergite 2), but don't really look like it in =
general,=20
because floccosa looks like a orange bumblebee, and this one is black =
and=20
white on the abdomen.
Pictures can be seen on the website www.diptera.info, and go to the=20
discussion forum, and than  Syrphidae.
Can anyone tell me if this is a form of C. floccosa, or another species =
of=20
Criorhina?
Greetings, Gerard Pennards