[Xerte] Re: XOT Version

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 07:29:10 GMT 2018

Hi
You don’t need really need to browse the file system for version.txt just add /version.txt to the end of your installation URL in the web browser.

Projects exported from 3.1 should import fine into 3.5. That said if you are trying to export/import site/bootstrap projects I do recall there was a small bug at one point which I think may have been an early revision of 3.1 where bootstrap projects were missing a required identifier. However if it’s xot exports rather than bootstrap exports that you are trying then that’s unlikely to be the reason your imports are failing. Most of the time export/import failures are due to server file size upload limits. Try a simple one page project export as a test.

There is a guide to upgrading in the documentation folder.
HTH
Ron