[Xerte] Xerte sessions at Future Teacher Conference 9th January - still time to book a place!

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 16:32:20 GMT 2018

Apologies for any cross posting.

Hi all

You're receiving this via this Xerte list so presumably you are using or are
interested in Xerte but also all things related to Technology Enhanced
Learning or whatever you choose to call it in your organisation! You may
also be aware of the Future Teacher Project and our use of Xerte to deliver
webinars and free resources on a whole host of Teaching and Learning topics
like online learning what works, appropriate assessment, rich media,
inclusive learning and so on. Most of our free resources are created with
and delivered via Xerte and the recordings of all the Future Teacher Talks
(Webinars) are available via a Xerte Bootstrap project at
https://xot.futureteacher.eu/play.php?template_id=4

The reason for this message and reminder now is that we have now finalised
the programme for our Future Teacher Conference in York UK on the 9th
January and although all of the sessions may be of interest there are two in
particular that we thought we should mention on these Xerte lists:

Inclusive Learning

The FutureTeacher conference in York on 9th January has a strong strand for
inclusive practice and policy. Alistair McNaught is delivering a two hour
morning workshop on inclusion and a 45 min afternoon session on supporting
reading and writing skills. All the workshops have useful takeaways
including follow up staff development resources. These are all creative
commons licensed, created with Xerte Online Toolkits therefore downloadable
and entirely repurposeable for your own contexts.

Using Xerte for repurposing our Future Teacher Resources

I'm running a session on repurposing the Future Teacher resources or indeed
any other Xerte resources for your own institution. If staff development is
one of the headaches you anticipate from the new regulations this is
definitely worth taking a look at.

Obviously a single conference won't solve all your worries but it will be a
very good introduction to the practices and policies that make a difference
- and the other sessions in the conference will be great too! You can see
the programme here. Places are filling quickly so if you are interested do
look at the programme. You can book via the links on the page. If you do
come along make a point of coming and introducing yourself!

https://bit.ly/ft30ukconference

BW

Ron