[Xerte] Re: make hostspost connector image fill window

Kent kent_chesnut at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 03:06:17 BST 2015

Sorry to be slow on this thread.
I took a look at the HotSpotImage connector.  It looks like the code does try to resize the pic when you set TextWidth to No Text.  Set to No Text allows the pic to be scaled to 760x450.  With TextWidth set to Small, the pic can be scaled to 600x450.  Since the height is unchanged (450 pixels) and the pictures are scaled with their aspect ratio locked, a standard 4:3 image is not resized when it is changed from Small to No Text.
I believe there are 2 ways to get the effect that Oliver is looking for...* Replace the standard 4:3 image with a widescreen image (15:9 - 16:9)* Maybe you don't need the top or bottom edge of your picture.  Crop the image such that the cropped dimensions are widescreen (15:9 - 16:9)
I tested as follows:* My original picture is a standard 4:3 picture, 2592 x 1936.  This picture appears the same size (600 x 448) when displayed in either of the settings described above.* I cropped the picture to 2590 x 1553.  This picture appears as different sizes when displayed (small -> 600 x 360, No Text -> 750 x 450), making it look more full screen.
Regards,Kent