[Xerte] Re: The project data has not loaded.

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:40:09 GMT 2015

Hi,

As Ron states below, it is possible to make it work but there is no one-stop solution. If you Google security settings for the browser/platform you are targetting then you should find loads of info

Ron is spot on too about the videos not being related. Your videos are MP4 and should play fine but there is an ongoing issue with certain browsers, especially Chrome, where a video request is sent multiple times for a single video, often receiving small Partial headers back which then lock and use up all the available browser connections...

You can see from the attached screenshot, while your video on Page 2 of the first LO loads fine, 6x requests are sent with the first 4 being small. It's still unclear why this happens but again it is a browser thing that has made it's way into  multiple browser and platforms... you can try increasing the number of connections on some platforms but on other platforms this may not be possible...

Regards,

John Smith | Learning Technologist
Room A250, Govan Mbeki Building | School of Health & Life Sciences | Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Please address ALL support requests to hlsblt at gcu.ac.uk where one of the School Learning Technologists will pick up the job. This will ensure that all jobs are completed as promptly as possible.