[Xerte] Re: Embedding survey monkey

Pat Lockley (Pgogy) info at pgogywebstuff.com
Fri Jul 3 09:36:20 BST 2015

Ages ago I found embedding something from a script did the same thing

http://widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/EZfigXKNNLYTe3aIXp3Y0evIBYgz_2FshKsjj5OGywUjs8bbGIhnCZtatXAEg_2FxnCy.js

The funky stuff happens in here - but it seems to build a new style node
on the fly

On 2015-07-03 04:26, Julian Tenney wrote:
> I wondered about that, but I'd like to understand why it's inserting
> at 0,0 because it might be something xerte is doing and possible we
> could change something so it does work properly using their embed
> code: here is my solution, which adds an extra div, and then adds an
> extra parameter z to the function so I can pass in the id of the div
> and then use that to set the value of the var c:
>
> <DIV ID="SURVEY"></DIV>
>
> <script>(function(t,e,s,n,Z){var
> o,c,a;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),C=DOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(Z),a=e.createElement(s),a.type="text/javascript",a.async=!0,a.id=n,a.src=["https:"===location.protocol?"https://":"http://","widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/EZfigXKNNLYTe3aIXp3Y0evIBYgz_2FshKsjj5OGywUjs8bbGIhnCZtatXAEg_2FxnCy.js"].join(""),c.parentNode.insertBefore(a,c))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk","SURVEY");</script><a
> style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration:
> none;"
> href=https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/customer-satisfaction-surveys/>
> Create your own user feedback survey </a>
>
> The original code looks for the last script icon. Presumably because
> it expects to do it as the page is loading, rather than being
> instantiated in an already loaded framework:
>
> <script>(function(t,e,s,n){var
> o,c,a;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(O=E.GETELEMENTSBYTAGNAME(S),C=O[O.LENGTH-1],a=e.createElement(s),a.type="text/javascript",a.async=!0,a.id=n,a.src=["https:"===location.protocol?"https://":"http://","widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/EZfigXKNNLYTe3aIXp3Y0evIBYgz_2FshKsjj5OGywUjs8bbGIhnCZtatXAEg_2FxnCy.js"].join(""),c.parentNode.insertBefore(a,c))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script><a
> style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration:
> none;"
> href=https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/customer-satisfaction-surveys/>
> Create your own user feedback survey </a>

Pgogy Webstuff
pgogywebstuff.com