[Xerte] Re: Embedding survey monkey

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 09:26:33 BST 2015

I wondered about that, but I'd like to understand why it's inserting at 0,0 because it might be something xerte is doing and possible we could change something so it does work properly using their embed code: here is my solution, which adds an extra div, and then adds an extra parameter z to the function so I can pass in the id of the div and then use that to set the value of the var c:

<script>(function(t,e,s,n,z){var o,c,a;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),c=document.getElementById(z),a=e.createElement(s),a.type="text/javascript",a.async=!0,a.id=n,a.src=["https:"===location.protocol?"https://":"http://","widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/EZfigXKNNLYTe3aIXp3Y0evIBYgz_2FshKsjj5OGywUjs8bbGIhnCZtatXAEg_2FxnCy.js"].join(""),c.parentNode.insertBefore(a,c))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk","survey");</script><a style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration: none;" href=https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/customer-satisfaction-surveys/> Create your own user feedback survey </a>

The original code looks for the last script icon. Presumably because it expects to do it as the page is loading, rather than being instantiated in an already loaded framework:

<script>(function(t,e,s,n){var o,c,a;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName(s),c=o[o.length-1],a=e.createElement(s),a.type="text/javascript",a.async=!0,a.id=n,a.src=["https:"===location.protocol?"https://":"http://","widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/EZfigXKNNLYTe3aIXp3Y0evIBYgz_2FshKsjj5OGywUjs8bbGIhnCZtatXAEg_2FxnCy.js"].join(""),c.parentNode.insertBefore(a,c))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script><a style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration: none;" href=https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/customer-satisfaction-surveys/> Create your own user feedback survey </a>