[Xerte] Re: Database and USERFILES copy?

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 10:29:55 GMT 2015

Personally I'd recommend the following...

1. Copy the entire directory including all files and folders to the new
server
2. Likewise copy the database to the new server
3. Edit the details in database.php so that it can access the new database
location
4. Edit site_details in the database and change the relevant details e.g.
file paths if changed
5. Change the URL in site_details if using a new address or edit your local
hosts file to test the existing sub domain via the new IP
6. If all is fine change the DNS settings to point to the new server and
test existing links etc
7. Once all is well set about upgrading the now working new install if it's
an older revision of 2.1

Have done this numerous times!
HTH
Ron