[Xerte] FW: API Error message when importing Xerte Objects into Blackboard

Davies Helen.M. helen.m.davies at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 09:55:44 GMT 2015

From: Davies Helen.M.
Sent: 03 February 2015 16:24
To: web at swansea.ac.uk; Apps
Cc: Hall C.M.
Subject: API Error message when importing Xerte Objects into Blackboard

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a Xerte issue or a Blackboard issue

I have successfully created a learning object in Xerte Online Toolkits and have exported the SCORM version into the Content Collection of Blackboard (I've done this previously with the desktop version of Xerte and it has worked well).

When I've created a link to the object from within a Blackboard organisation (Equality and Diversity Training), I get the following three error messages, three times each, before the object actually loads:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D03FCD.C671D9A0][cid:image004.jpg at 01D03FCD.C671D9A0][cid:image006.jpg at 01D03FCD.C671D9A0]

I've had a look on Xerte online toolkits and can see an API tab.  To access the API tab, click on Workspace, then Select Properties:

[cid:image014.jpg at 01D03FCD.C671D9A0]
Click on the API tab.  The message comes up saying that "The API is not installed"

[cid:image015.jpg at 01D03FCD.C671D9A0]
Any ideas on this one?  Not sure if it's a Blackboard issue or a Xerte issue

Helen