[Xerte] XOT 101 - Adding HTML/JS to a Text Page

Kent kent_chesnut at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:31:37 BST 2015

I need a page with a few input fields.  I want to sum the numbers from the fields into a total field.  Easy enough to add the fields to a Text page by putting the following into the "Page Text" field.
To define the FindTotal() routine, I need to add a <script> section.
<script type="text/javascript">    function findTotal(){     // some JS code here    }</script>
As soon as I add the script section, the fields will no longer show up when I press Play.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Have a great day,
Kent