[Xerte] Re: Scenario page availability?

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 24 15:30:59 BST 2015

I developed the Scenario Page for Xerte before Xerte moved over to the
HTML5 version and away from Flash.

The Scenario Page was well documented at the time but saw little use, I
suspect in part due to its complexity - you can achieve an awful lot with
it but you need to invest a little time to understand it.

I always thought that once a few examples became available of what you
could do with the Scenario page then it would attract a degree of support
from XOT users, but this never happened as the page was over-taken by the
pressing need to move XOT over to HTML5 which left the Scenario page behind.

I am now retired and am not going to be able to create a HTML5 version of
the Scenario Page due to the time I would need to invest - I would need to
come up to speed with the HTML5 development before even starting on the new
version of the page.

However I would be happy to help someone who was familiar with HTML5 XOT
page development to develop a HTML5 version of the Scenario Page if someone
fancied the challenge. I don't think there has been much change to the .xwd
side of things (I could be wrong :-) ) But if that were the case we would
be talking about creating a HTML5 model to feed of the current .xwd file.

I would not recommend anyone to use the flash version of the Scenario page.
The last revision of the page took place around December 2012 and given the
deprecation of the Xerte Flash environment it would not really be
practicable to try to maintain the page in the event of it becoming
compromised by changes to the Flash player.

Kind Regards

Johnathan