[Xerte] SQL error while instaling Xerte on our server

Maurizio Bricola mbricola at iicd.org
Mon May 12 10:57:20 BST 2014

Dear All, we have first tried Xerte on a Xammp installation and everything
went fine. We decided to make it available online for the schools we are
currently supporting.
When going through the setup we ran into the following issue:

*Warning*: session_start()
[function.session-start<http://cdn3.iicd.org/xerte/setup/function.session-start>]:
Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at
/home/cdn3iicd/public_html/xerte/setup/page_password.php:3) in
*/home/cdn3iicd/public_html/xerte/setup/page_password.php* on line *4*

*Warning*: session_start()
[function.session-start<http://cdn3.iicd.org/xerte/setup/function.session-start>]:
Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at
/home/cdn3iicd/public_html/xerte/setup/page_password.php:3) in
*/home/cdn3iicd/public_html/xerte/setup/page_password.php* on line *4*

Sorry, the attempt to open database using account cdn3iicd_xusers failed.
MySQL reports the following error -

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'' at line 1

The account cdn3iicd_xusers must already exist, and have access to database
Using given MySQL account failed!

Your Xerte Online Toolkits database configuration file is not created!
Please investigate the error messages and return to the previous page by
pressing the button below!
Any help is highly appreciated,
hanks!

With Kind Regards,
Maurizio Bricola
Technical Advisor Solutions and Innovations
*Working days: Mon - Tue - Wed - Thu*
International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)
P.O. Box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, the Netherlands
Visitors: Raamweg 5, 2596 HL The Hague
Phone: +31-(0)70-311 73 11
Follow us: www.iicd.org | facebook.com/iicd.org | twitter.com/iicd
*People | ICT | Development*