[Xerte] Re: Diacritics in LO titles

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 16:50:36 BST 2014

à does work:

[cid:image001.png at 01CF9A03.6D3EB800]

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Fred Riley
Sent: 07 July 2014 16:43
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Diacritics in LO titles

Hi all

I've just tried to rename a Xerte Toolkits LO to " Criomagan Gàidhlig" but got the message " This is not a valid name. Please use only letters and numbers", which also appeared when I removed the space, though " Criomagan Gaidhlig" was ok, so plainly XOT doesn't like the diacritic "à". I also tried using a HTML character entity ("Criomagan Gàidhlig"). Is this a known 'feature'? This is probably a FAQ but it's really not a big deal, and I'm not looking for a fix - I can do without the diacritic in the LO title, no bother. I'm just after knowing if diacritics are no-nos in titles.

Fred

www.fredriley.org.uk<http://www.fredriley.org.uk>