[Xerte] Re: Minimum installation to export SCORM

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 08:48:41 GMT 2014

MAXOS is great for local-only use but you do lose the bells and whistles of the server install such as the ability to collaborate as authors, the ability to set up an export feed so learners/users can subscribe to your Xerte Los and get instant updates and changes to Los.

I’m not experienced in the SCORM side so will leave others to comment but my preference would be to go for a server installation wherever possible. There are also people on this list who can set up hosted versions for a fee (it’s not me so there’s no commercial interest to declare!) if you needed to avoid giving extra work to IT staff on patient care systems

Alistair

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Steven Rauch
Sent: 07 January 2014 23:06
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: [Xerte] Minimum installation to export SCORM

I am a medical librarian in the states and I have used XOT (thanks to the sandpit!) to create a course for proof of concept. I exported it to SCORM and we deliver it using a hosted learning management system called HealthStream.

In order to create other RLOs to deliver I was wondering what the minimum installation is that I would need in order to export SCORM content. We do not need to be running XOT behind Moodle or anything like that. Would it be easiest to use MAXOS and not bother with installing on my desktop PC or bothering Info Technology to install on an intranet server or is there some other recommended approach.

Our IT folks are more focused on patient care systems, so I want to give them the easiest possible solution.

Thank you -

Steve Rauch

​This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

This e-mail along with any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, store, copy, take any action or omit to take any action in reliance of its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security and take any necessary measures when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachment(s) are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus free as the Higher Education Academy will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on by this e-mail and/or any attachment(s). The Higher Education Academy. Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 04931031. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1101607. Registered as a charity in Scotland no. SC043946.