[Xerte] Re: JS question in template_management.js

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Wed Jan 1 20:46:17 GMT 2014

Ron,

This is probably better for the developer list.

Anyhow, on line 1007 (of the latest version) of template_management.js,
you see the expression that is used to get the tempate_id to be deleted.

delete_template(drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.substr(drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.indexOf("_"),drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.length));

So:

1. drag_manager.selected_items[x].id contains a string that determines
whther this item to be deleted is a folder or an LO. In this case it is
expected to be an LO and conatins something like 'file_43' for templateId 43
2. To get the 43 out of the string, the text from '_' to the end of the
string is taken:
drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.substr(drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.indexOf("_"),drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.length
3. Then that string is passed to the delete_tempate function (in this
case 43)

So perhaps, you should put your logic in the delete_template function...

Or even better, in the php function :
website_code/php/templates/delete_template.php because that's the
function that does all the work (it's called from delete_template by
using AJAX).

Regards,

Tom

KnowledgeWare schreef op 28-12-2013 0:40:

> I'm in toolkits V1.7 (trying to move to 2 -- this is part of the
> process) in websitecode/scripts/template_management.js down around
> line 1030. This is the section where courses are deleted. Since my
> customizations use a SQL Server dbase to also store info on the
> courses, I want run a script to make sure that the course(s) to be
> deleted are not assigned to students.
>
> First I need to get the 'templateID' of the course, but not sure how
> to do that, I'm not good with js. Does anyone know if I can pull the
> 'templateID' of the course(s) that have been clicked in the workspace
> delete window at this point? I'm wondering if the document object
> contains the templateID(s) at this point and if so what syntax I'd use
> to get them.
>
> Next, any suggestion on what is socially acceptable to js in terms of
> running a query on my SQL Server database to see if students are
> currently assigned?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
>
> RonM2
>
> //RGM if workspace folder selected and delete clicked:
>
> if(document.getElementById("folder_workspace").mainhighlight){
>
> alert("You cannot delete the Workspace folder");
>
> }
>
> }else{
>
> //RGM if more than one workspace course is selected and delete clicked:
>
> if(drag_manager.selected_items.length!=1){
>
> var response = confirm("Are you sure you with to delete these items?");
>
> }else{
>
> //RGM if a single workspace course is selected and delete clicked:
>
> var response = confirm("Are you sure you with to delete this item?");
>
> }

> message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete
> it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in
> this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by
> the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
> University of Nottingham.

> permitted by UK legislation.

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica