[Xerte] Changing from guest to DB access on a server install

Niall Watts niall.watts at ucd.ie
Fri Feb 21 12:45:33 GMT 2014

I have installed Xerte online toolkits on a web server

I want to change from guest to DB access.

My intention would be to manually add users to the MySQL database

I have modified auth_config.php (I think this is what I should do)

//$xerte_toolkits_site->authentication_method = 'Guest';

//$xerte_toolkits_site->authentication_method = 'Ldap';

$xerte_toolkits_site->authentication_method = 'Db';

I am now locked out of management.php. So cannot add users to database or
indeed do  anything

Meanwhile I have password-protected the folder to stop unauthorised access

Any suggestions as to what to do next

Regards

Niall Watts

Educational Technology Officer