[Xerte] Re: Audio play and upload problems

Smith, Bradley brsmith at akamai.com
Tue Aug 26 23:55:51 BST 2014

On Aug 26, 2014, at 6:30 PM, Dave Burnett <d_b_burnett at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What's the size of the audio file?

Ah! Good catch. I was indeed running afoul of PHP’s upload size limit. I changed the limit and can now upload my test audio. Thanks, I should have caught that myself!

This leaves me with the Safari issue, which I’m having with my test XOT, just as my colleague did. I’m guessing it must be javascript-related, because I cut/pasted the <audio> block from my XOT into a standalone html file and, after manually adding a “controls=1” attribute, Safari is able to play it just fine.

Another thing I noticed: when viewing the XOT in Safari, there is no “you are here” slider in the player to denote progress through the file, even when it is “playing”. See attached screenshot.

Any ideas?

—Brad

(note that the play/pause button in the screenshot indicates that it is “playing”, but the current location remains at “00:00” and there is no progress indicator)