[Xerte] Re: Creating Animation

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 12:15:21 BST 2014

Did a quick search and found a couple of references to problems with video.js e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14541449/video-js-breaks-popcorn-js-on-ipad/14542235#14542235

The real shame for me is that the free https://popcorn.webmaker.org/ tool has some great functionality and all the remix and sharing etc and is easy enough for our FWS target audience to use and generates links or embed code for using within Xerte LO's e.g. http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/xot/play_147 which work fine on laptop/desktop but not on ipad :-( Actually that xerte example does work on iPad via puffin browser but that's not really the point is it. It's almost worse that the  the content appears to load ok on iPad and certainly the first screen and controls are visible than if it were to do what normally happens with actual Flash content and just displays a blank screen.

I guess a native Xerte page type will be different anyway but as you say stresses the importance of testing before too much work is done.