[Xerte] Re: bug with YouTube captions vanishing in Chrome (under HTML5)

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 16:28:46 BST 2014

It suggests that the bug is with Chrome not Xerte!

Haven't noticed this before - perhaps due to a Chrome or YouTube update and
bizarre given that Chrome and YouTube are both Google owned!

I was just doing some work in a moodle so quickly grabbed the same YouTube
embed code and verfied that the same thing happens in Moodle on it's own
e.g. captions fine in IE but only show when hovering over the clip in
Chrome.

Didn't try with another YouTube clip though but I doubt it's the clip
iteself.

HTH

Ron