[Xerte] Re: Could I just have a simple answer to what is required to use Xerte as there is nothing on your website

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 17:20:17 BST 2014

Hi

sorry you couldn't find the info but where did you look and what did you
search for? The Nottingham University Xerte page at
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/toolkits.aspx contains a link to the
getting started section and installation guide and the community site should
have the relevant info too.

But perhaps the JISC TechDis Xerte Friday I delivered in May is of use -
there's a recording as well as a copy of the presentation available at
http://jisctechdis.ac.uk/techdis/events/detail/2014/xertefriday30052014

In short though - historically any webserver with PHP and MySQL.

I say historically because in theory the very latest code base is no longer
specifically MySQL and could be used with other options but that would need
installation expertise so the easiest is MySQL right now.

HTH

Ron