[Xerte] Re: Fwd: Re: Problems exporting Xerte project

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Apr 28 11:48:46 BST 2014

What version of Xot are you using?

You can't easily start the LO from a local disk. We intend to improve
that, but modern browsers simply won't allow you to start active content
anymore like that.

Xerte LO's try to load xml files dynamically, which is not allowed from
disk.

So, to test whther things work, please try the suggestions of John, to
load the LO into blackboard.

If, for testing purposes you want another solution, you might be
interested in installing XAMPP on your desktop, and place the LO in a
specific location. If you want that, I can provide more details.

Tom

Kathryn Duncan schreef op 28-4-2014 11:50:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for all your help so far.
>
> Following the discussions over the weekend, I have been in contact
> with the I.T depatment at Bristol University, who agree that the
> problems I am having are most likely due to an *export bug*. Please
> see attached screenshot which Pat has shared (this shows me trying to
> launch my project from the .html file using Chrome). A change in the
> .html file was suggested, which unfortunately did not work. Any other
> thoughts or suggestions to resolve this export bug would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Kathryn

Tom Reijnders