[Xerte] Re: getting started on mac

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Tue Oct 15 19:54:44 BST 2013

Xerte is somtimes used for 3 different rpograms, but most people want to
use Xerte Online Toolkits. It's webbased, so you need to install it on a
webserver. You can convert your Mac to your personal webserver by using
a Mac version of Xampp
(http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html).

In the zip you can find an installation manual.

Tom

Helen Graves schreef op 15-10-2013 19:33:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very interested in trying out Xerte but I'm confused by
> conflicting information.  On a few external websites, it mentions a
> 3.0 version compatible with a Mac.  But here on the Nottingham site, I
> only see the 2.0 version, and nothing about a Mac.
>
> When I downloaded the 2.0 version, I unzipped the file in my Downloads
> section but then couldn't figure out how to actually begin running the
> program.  What am I missing?
>
> //
> //
>
> //Warmly,//
>
> ///~Helen/
> - - -
> Helen Graves
> (707) 595-5797

> message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete
> it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in
> this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by
> the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
> University of Nottingham.

> permitted by UK legislation.

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica