[Xerte] Xerte Installation on a Centos - Blank Database erties

Chaney, Mark mchaney at bedford.ac.uk
Wed May 8 15:07:36 BST 2013

Hi all,

I have done a test installation of xerte on a test server and have some strange behaviour. On the last page of the installation (Page 4) the database name wasn’t inserted into the database php file. Thus it was giving me an error of database not selected.

Attempting to get into the management side of the system I found I couldn’t access it. Upon inspection there is no data what so ever in the sitedetails database table other than (what I assume is an auto incremental number) the id of 1. There is no site_url, apache, admin_username, admin_password .... etc etc.

It looks like somewhere a section of a script failed to run without throwing an error?

To try and pre-empt some questions:
Centos 6 server.
Install ran ok up untill page4
Same server as I have 7 fully working moodle installs. Apache and php are ok. SE linux off.
Mysql installed and working.
Xerte database accessible and can be queries from workbench on external machine and on server itself.
File/Folder permissions set according to docs/instructions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Chaney
mchaney at bedford.ac.uk