[Xerte] Re: Limited usability after successful setup using Xampp

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Mar 25 07:28:51 GMT 2013

On Vista, (and basically also on Windows 7) it depends very much on
where you install XAMPP (which path) and which access rights you have as
a user. We've seen access troubles before on Vista, but never could pin
it down.

The current XOT only has two templates by default. All the functionality
f previous templates has been moved into the Xerte Online Toolkit template.

Tom

Op 25-3-2013 3:30, Personal Hotmail Email schreef:

> Hi,
>
> Well, I've tried Explorer and Google, both seem to work the same. On
> either browser, the resource links at the bottom didn't work until I
> went back to setup and chose the manual setup option instead of the
> Xampp easy setup option, They seem to work now although not sure what
> the difference is.
>
> I still don't have the full menu on the right for creating new
> courses. Only the top Xerte Online Toolkits  and RSS options are
> available.
>
> Today I tried setting Xampp and Xerte using another PC with Windows 7
> Home edition and everything worked as expected, no trouble. This may
> be some trouble with Windows Vista settings. (On the original PC).
>
> Mark

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica
Chopinlaan 27