[Xerte] Re: XOT Installation on same Web Server as Moodle

Terry Sullivan Terry.Sullivan at htptraining.com
Tue Mar 19 09:44:07 GMT 2013

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your reply.

I think we are suffering slightly from having a split of responsibility between our third-party IT company (who want to set up a server, install software and then leave the applications alone) and in-house staff (who want to customise the applications but without stepping into the operating system). There’s an element of “toe-treading avoidance” that we haven’t experienced on our normal (Windows/Office) business environment.

We are using Linux/Apache/MySql/PHP for our Moodle installation and this was only set up in January so we are on a steep learning curve on a number of technologies.

I am genuinely grateful for the help provided by this technical forum (and somewhat apologetic for asking what must seem like very simple questions to the more experienced contributors).

Thanks and kind regards,

Terry.