[Xerte] Re: Upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 10:56:55 GMT 2013

Hi

Spotted another out-of-date snippet in that previous list because we
separated out the auth config into a separate file subsequent to those

1. backup existing database and directory just in case

2. drop the latest code over top of existing code (for an upgrade you don't
need the setup folder)

3. visit the install to test the basics are working ok via guest access e.g.
create and test an LO

4. If you are using LDAP for authentication visit
http://yourinstall/upgrade.php to copy details from sitedeatils to ldap
table

5. change from guest to ldap or one of the other authentication options in
auth_config.php by commenting/un-commenting the relevant line. (Note: For
future upgrades avoid overwriting this file if you don't want to revert back
to guest access)

6. If you are using Moodle for authentication read and follow the
instructions in the moodle_integration_readme file

7. refresh index.php and test login and creation etc

HTH

Ron