[Xerte] Locating content source files.

Talbot, Richard Richard.Talbot at chichester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 16:25:26 GMT 2013

Dear Xerte Community

Here at Chichester College we have been experimenting with Xerte to
create interactive learning objects to be made available via moodle.

We are using  a portable version of Xerte that can be launched directly
from a memory stick without the need for installation.

I have a question that I am hoping you may be able to help me with

Once content has been created within Xerte is it possible to lift the
content from the memory stick and copy the files to another location?
I know you can create a ZIP file or a SCORM object but I was trying to
trace the location of the working files.
I have found all the images and audio files in a folder called
\XAMPP\htdocs\toolkits\USER-FILES\16-guest-Nottingham\media.
I guess I also need to find where the individual pages are saved?

It may be that I have missed something obvious.

Thank you for reading this and for any help or advice you can offer.

Best Regards

Richard Talbot

Staff ILT instructor

Chichester College