[Xerte] Media Interactions - Export

Adam Read aread at marjon.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 09:22:28 BST 2013

Hi everyone

A student has contacted me to query why they cannot see the "export" option under the properties for several of their Xerte Online Toolkits learning objects. I've done a bit of digging, and it appears that only Xerte files using the "Media Interaction" template are affected.

Essentially, when clicking the project properties, the only options displayed are those in the attached image. There is no link to download the item as Zip/SCORM.

The files play fine in the browser, but I do need to find some way to download them as they are going to be burnt to a CD as part of a research project. Is there another way to download these? Perhaps I need to change the template type they've use?

FYI I can browse the local file system and locate the user-template files and also I can see the template_type_id ID (15) value in the database.

Any advice gratefully received.

Adam

Adam Read BA (Hons) PG Cert ODE (Open)
Senior e-Learning Technologist