[Xerte] Accessing breakApart() words

Kent Chesnut kent_chesnut at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:41:32 GMT 2013

All,

I use breakApart() to convert a text field into a series of movie clips.

    w = IdPrayer.breakApart(25, 5, true, false);

I am then able to access the text and the index of a word when it is clicked.

    Txt = IdPrayer.wordClicked.text;
    Index = IdPrayer.wordClicked.index;

I am able to replace the text

    IdPrayer.wordClicked.setText(rep);

However, I am only able to set the text 1 time.  And although the word changes on the screen, IdPrayer.wordClicked.text has the original string in it when I click the modified word.  If I try to change the text a second time, nothing happens.

    IdPrayer.wordClicked.setText("Something else");

I'm guessing that setText() is not what I should be using here... but haven't found what I should be using.

Have a great evening,
Kent