[Xerte] Re: latex/stripslashes/magic quotes etc

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 18:26:46 GMT 2013

Thanks for the suggestion Paul.

But in terms of XOT I'm looked through most of the previous discussion about
this in different threads and it's not clear why this stripping of slahes
happens on some servers and not on others. As I mentioned as a test I turned
magic_quotes_gpc on server wide but that didn't prevent the slashes from
being stripped. Also in a previous thread the use of ini_set(
'magic_quotes_gpc', true ); in save.php didn't resolve the issue either.

stripslashes is used in at least a few different places in save.php so I'm
not sure it's a good idea to go messing with that before identifying what
the difference is between servers where this is an issue and those where
it's not. I'm going to compare phpinfo results first to try to spot the
difference.

Cheers

Ron