[Xerte] Re: Problem with LO link

Basil Turnbull Wolf [btw] btw at aber.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 13:07:57 GMT 2013

Hi

This question makes me feel a bit better about my own problems.  I've been using Xerte for the last 3 months or so and I'm really excited by its apparent potential - thanks to all you folks who work so hard to develop it! I've made a few objects, mainly interactive quizzes, to support students revision of my course material and help them to construct their understanding.  It was easy enough to get started using the on-line guides and build the first object, but once it was ready I didn't have a clue how to make it available to students - I'd never heard of SCORM or localhost or all that stuff before - and couldn't find any guidance on what to do next.  I haven't tried to put voice or video into the latest version of Xerte but my attempts with the previous one were a complete failure (can it be done if I don't speak HTML?) and I feel that I am by no means realising the full potential of the programme.  I think it would be wonderful to have some more on-line guides that would help those of us who are less computer literate users to get that bit further and potentially would open up the programme to a wider range of users who might lack confidence. Or do I need to persuade my institution to support the software?

Many thanks

Basil Wolf

Dr Basil T. Wolf
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences
Aberystwyth University
Penglais
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion, SY23 3FG