[Xerte] Re: 2 media problems

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Tue Aug 20 15:07:55 BST 2013

Hi Jamie,

Number 1 can be caused by numerous problems relating to the way the server is configured - has the server ever worked or has it stopped working recently? Is it a proper server or is it xampp or similar localised server?

Number 2 is most likely caused by Youtube changing their URL structure recently. I patched this about a 5-6 weeks ago but the temporary solution would be to make sure http  is present in the code you paste from Youtube, so:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yVD_nSLINms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And not

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yVD_nSLINms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To accept the youtube provided embed code will required updating the code.

Regards,

John Smith

Learning Technologist

School of Health & Life Sciences