[Xerte] HTML5 export

Roach, David 1 david.roach1 at ntu.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 20:38:35 BST 2013

Hi, I'm trying to export and run Xerte Online Toolkit learning objects locally before uploading to a web server or Moodle.

Before the version 2.0 update of the Online Toolkit, I downloaded an archive zip and attempted to run the HTML version locally. I copied over the template.xml file from within XAMPP, edited the FileLocation and templateLocation to "" and I changed the paths to .js files to the appropriate local path. The result was a black frame but with buttons missing and no content.

With the version 2.0 update I notice a new option to export as HTML5, but I'm having similar issues - the index.html file doesn't require the changes described above, but I can't get the content to show - I'm getting the error message, 'The project data has not loaded.'

I wonder if anyone could point out where I'm going wrong? Many thanks for any help.

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.