[Xerte] Xerte Online Toolkits v2.0

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 16:31:33 BST 2013

Xerte Online Toolkits v2.0
===================
The Xerte Project is delighted to announce the release of v2.0 of Xerte Online Toolkits. We know this has been highly anticipated by all of our users, in particular for the HTML5 delivery options and a range of new tools and templates. This is the culmination of over a year's hard work by the fantastic community of developers we have working to advance the software - they are all wonderful people, and these developments firmly establish the software as a great platform for innovation into the future.

New Features
==========
Over 75 templates in the Xerte Online Toolkit for presentation and interactivity.
HTML5 and Flash delivery options for delivery to desktop, tablets and phones.
New responsive 'Bootstrap' template for delivering content to any device / screen size.
Support for plugins and a more modular architecture for developers.
Improved installer and related documentation.
Improved SCORM support.
...and more.

Launch Party
==========
Join the launch party at the monthly Xerte Friday event tomorrow, Friday 26th April at 13.00 BST:
http://www.instantpresenter.com/techdisonline104

Transitioning the Project
===================
This release marks a real milestone in the project's development. What began as a personal itch nearly a decade ago has grown into a project with users and developers from all over the world contributing to a fantastic piece of software. We want to begin a gradual transition, moving the project from being solely owned and developed by the University of Nottingham to being managed and governed by the open source community at large, and in fact, we are already a long way down this road: you can see just how much work has gone into the project here: http://www.ohloh.net/p/xerteproject.

Community Website
================
We are building a new website to provide a long term home for the project at http://www.xerte.org.uk and this will develop to become the one place to go for all things relating to the project over time.

Downloads
=========
Download the new software from:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte
http://www.xerte.org.uk

My thanks go to everyone who has contributed to the work over the last twelve months. This is the best release we've done, and it's a huge credit to everyone involved - thank you.

Best wishes,

Julian

*with apologies for cross posting*