[Xerte] Re: Problem with dragDropLabel (Interactivity page)

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 22 19:41:07 BST 2013

OK I think you will find this is the problem.

With version 2.18 the individual page templates were introduced, as part of
the official release and replacing the "page wizards" which had been
provided as a separate additional download.

However these individual page templates are not intended to be used in a
project in desktop Xerte that has been created by doing "File / New".

If instead of creating a new project by doing "file / new" you create your
project by doing "Pages / Create new Page Project" then the project created
will contain additional code to provide support for the individual page
templates. Amongst other things it sets a flag to ensure that the code in
the page's model file looks in the right place for the xml data. The
problems you are experiencing are in part due to the model files not
locating the xml data.

Your project has a mix of pages you have created yourself and pages that
use the individual page templates. Once you have been able to create a
"Page Project" and have proven to yourself that the page template works you
should be able to duplicate the pages you created yourself in the new "Page
Project".

I am sorry for the difficulty you are experiencing. This issue is known.I
thought that the latest release of Xerte only offered the individual page
templates if you had created a "page project". I could be wrong in this.
What is needed is a tidying up of the menu system so that "File / New"
offers options to create a standard Xerte project, a Pages Project or a XOT
style project (formerly known as page templates). At present the
development focus is on getting the next release of XOt with the the html5
pages completed.

Kind regards

Johnathan