[Xerte] Re: importing an exported Archive zip or other scorm file in XOT

Davidson, Andrew Andrew.Davidson at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 11:24:46 GMT 2012

When I click on export I see the following (below): presently I can export and upload to our moodle site, but I would like to share an XOT project file with another user's Xerte account in our hosted version of XOT - so, I believe I would need to export the file, share the scorm file with them, and then have them import it back into their XOT account. I thought GetArchiveZip suggests it can be done, but cannot see an import option/button.

There are several ways to export a project. An exported project is packaged, but not deleted, into a zip file for you to share with another user, to deploy on the web, or to import into a SCORM compliant LMS or VLE. You can choose whether to export all of the project's files, or just those files used by the project.

    Export for deployment. Contains only the files required for importing into a vle without SCORM tracking, sharing via CD or USB etc or importing into another XOT install:
        Get Deployment Zip.

        Export for SCORM deployment: self contained, SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 enables tracking of Quiz scores e.g. into Moodle gradebook:
            Get SCORM 1.2 package

            Get SCORM 2004 3rd Ed package

        Archive export. Complete backup including offline editing and round-tripping back to toolkits or sharing with other Xerte users:
            Get Archive Zip.