[Xerte] XOT problems on USB - not sure why

Cowell, Elizabeth E.Cowell at wlv.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 12:19:54 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've just got around to our team at using Xerte toolkits and am preparing a USB version. I've installed XAMP and XOT 1.8 but when I run xertetoolkits over XAMPP whether from a USB or from my hard drive with services, I get a few problems. No idea what I've done wrong...

1)      When you create new learning objects, the page doesn't refresh automatically so users might press create a few times and end up with lots of copies

2)      When you create an LO and try to edit it, it gives a blank screen with the url (for example) http://localhost/xertetoolkit1/edit.php?template_id=8

I wondered if you had seen this before and had any idea why? I've tried it from Chrome and Firefox (over XP). I even tried uninstalling everything, including XAMPP and starting afresh.

When I put the USB into my laptop it works fine with the same browsers on windows : you can create and edit content fine.

I always used full Xerte  before  not XOT, but thought XOT on a usb would be ideal for the rest of the team, so I'm trying to get a solid installation that I can put onto a set of USB's for them to play with.

Liz

Liz Cowell
Learning and Skills Librarian
Learning & Information Services