[Xerte] Re: Moodle SCORM import error

Brane Šmitek brane.smitek at fov.uni-mb.si
Mon Nov 26 18:03:00 GMT 2012

I've validated template.xml and preview.xml. Results for both documenta are the same:

I attach my xml documnets taht you can use it in validator.

Notes and Potential Issues

The following notes and warnings highlight missing or conflicting information which caused the validator to perform some guesswork prior to validation, or other things affecting the output below. If the guess or fallback is incorrect, it could make validation results entirely incoherent. It is highly recommended to check these potential issues, and, if necessary, fix them and re-validate the document.

1.	Warning Missing "charset" attribute for "text/xml" document.

The HTTP Content-Type header (text/xml) sent by your web browser (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11) did not contain a "charset" parameter, but the Content-Type was one of the XML text/* sub-types.

The relevant specification ( <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt> RFC 3023) specifies a strong default of "us-ascii" for such documents so we will use this value regardless of any encoding you may have indicated elsewhere.

If you would like to use a different encoding, you should arrange to have your browser send this new encoding information.

2.	Info No Character encoding declared at document level

No character encoding information was found within the document, either in an HTML meta element or an XML declaration. It is often recommended to declare the character encoding in the document itself, especially if there is a chance that the document will be read from or saved to disk, CD, etc.

See  <http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/tutorial-char-enc/#Slide0250> this tutorial on character encoding for techniques and explanations.

1.	Error

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 2 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as us-ascii (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: ascii "\xC5" does not map to Unicode

If I copy text from file to validator I get 408 errors. This is very strange.