[Xerte] Re: Scorm Trackable question types within Xerte OnlineToolkits

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 22 09:55:16 GMT 2012

>the results are all added together for the whole learning object to give a final. Obviously for this to work well there would need to be an option for adding parameters e.g. if they don't get correct first time reduce score by a certain percentage - otherwise they would eventually get the answer correct and that wouldn't give meaningful data. Also you may want a weighting option for questions, and options for negative marking

This is part of the problem: everyone would have a different take on how to do this, whether to average the scores, or weight them, or negatively mark incorrect answers, or add them together, or take the highest, or take the most recent, or...  you see the problem. When there is one score per LO it's easy: there's not really many ways of recording it, but when you are tracking individual items, then it becomes more difficult.

What does moodle let you see in terms of data? Would it give you a report on objectives / interactions if we tracked them, or not, cos if you can't get the data out, there's no point putting it in,