[Xerte] Re: Scorm Trackable question types within Xerte OnlineToolkits

dave at a6training.co.uk dave at a6training.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 08:56:25 GMT 2012

Thanks to everyone for the responses to my question. I am working with Moodle as the VLE, and am trying to promote Xerte as a weapon of choice over other commercial alternatives, and as an addition to the Moodle Quiz, which although I like, it doesn't have the full range of graphical type interactions that Xerte has.

So for example the hotspot activities, or the drag and drop activities - it would be great if these could give a trackable score - even if the results are all added together for the whole learning object to give a final. Obviously for this to work well there would need to be an option for adding parameters e.g. if they don't get correct first time reduce score by a certain percentage - otherwise they would eventually get the answer correct and that wouldn't give meaningful data. Also you may want a weighting option for questions, and options for negative marking.

I don't know if this sort of thing would be beneficial to other members of the community or whether my interest is very unique.

Thanks again

Dave Foord
A6 Training & Consultancy Ltd
07922115678